S65 Aluminum DIY Keyboard Kit
Stock/Inventory Information: PCB out of stock, restock expected mid May (email us for more information)
This 65% kit comes with a more conventional aluminum case and plate option, rather than the sandwich cases found on the S60-X and S65-X. The only available color initially is gunmetal (dark grey) for both the case and plate.
- PCB with gold plating, all components presoldered
- Only switches and switch LED's need to be soldered
- Reprogrammable with open source QMK firmware and unlimited layers
- 20 SMD RGB LED's for case lighting (already presoldered on PCB)
- LED Backlighting
- Switches (pack of 73)
- LED's (pack of 73)
- SIP Sockets (pack of 146)
- Gold Springs (pack of 73)
- Aluminum Feet
- Keycaps (Only ANSI keycaps included, does not include ISO)
- RGB PCB
- GMK Screw-in Cherry PCB mount stabilizers
- Mini-USB cable
- Screws and Rubber feet
Build Guide coming soon.
Flash custom firmware (Windows):
1. Download and install FLIP here
2. Connect the keyboard and press the reset button
3. Open device manager, find the ATMEGA32u4 chip and click "update driver"
4. Choose location manually: folder named "USB" inside the installation directory of FLIP
5. Once the driver is installed, open FLIP
6. Device -> Select: choose ATMEGA32u4
7. Settings -> Communication -> USB, FLIP should show the signature at this point (58 1E 95 87)
8. File -> Load HEX file: select the hex file you created using kbfirmware.com
9. click "Run"
10. After programming is done, disconnect the device from USB and connect again.
Flash custom firmware (Linux):
1. Download and install/compile/unpack dfu-programmer from http://dfu-programmer.sourceforge.net/.
2. Issue the following commands in the command prompt after connecting the device and pressing the programming button (S1). You may need root permissions or udev rules to do that.
sudo dfu-programmer atmega32u4 erase
sudo dfu-programmer atmega32u4 flash [name of hex file]
sudo dfu-programmer atmega32u4 start
The keyboard should start working. If it doesn't, reconnect the cable.