S60-X DIY Keyboard Kit
The S60-X Kit with RGB underglow and LED backlighting offers an incredible value coming with everything you need to build your own for just $99. It uses open-source QMK firmware that gives you control to every aspect of the firmware.
- White PCB with gold plating, all components presoldered
- Only switches and switch LED's need to be soldered
- Reprogrammable with open source QMK firmware and unlimited layers
- 16 SMD RGB LED's for case lighting (presoldered)
- LED Backlighting
- Switches (pack of 65)
- LED's (pack of 65)
- Aluminum Feet
- Keycaps (Only ANSI keycaps included, does not include ISO)
- DZ60 v3 RGB PCB w/ USB-C
- GMK Screw-in Cherry PCB mount stabilizers
- Mini-USB cable
- Case (Top/Bottom Aluminum Plate, Middle Frosted Acrylic piece)
- Screws and Rubber feet
Flash custom firmware (Windows):
1. Download and install FLIP here
2. Connect the keyboard and press the reset button
3. Open device manager, find the ATMEGA32u4 chip and click "update driver"
4. Choose location manually: folder named "USB" inside the installation directory of FLIP
5. Once the driver is installed, open FLIP
6. Device -> Select: choose ATMEGA32u4
7. Settings -> Communication -> USB, FLIP should show the signature at this point (58 1E 95 87)
8. File -> Load HEX file: select the hex file you created using kbfirmware.com
9. click "Run"
10. After programming is done, disconnect the device from USB and connect again.
Flash custom firmware (Linux):
1. Download and install/compile/unpack dfu-programmer from http://dfu-programmer.sourceforge.net/.
2. Issue the following commands in the command prompt after connecting the device and pressing the programming button (S1). You may need root permissions or udev rules to do that.
sudo dfu-programmer atmega32u4 erase
sudo dfu-programmer atmega32u4 flash [name of hex file]
sudo dfu-programmer atmega32u4 start
The keyboard should start working. If it doesn't, reconnect the cable.